The other day I was flying to the Tenable new hire training in Columbia/MD and that means … 8 hours of uninterrupted coding time!!!
At the same time, I saw/found the sbt-guthub-release plugin and started to wonder, if it would be possible to combine it with the sbt-release plugin.
And while I was thinking about this I figured “what the hell”, why not creating another opinionated giter8 template to bootstrap my scala projects, means at the end I decided to spend the 8 hours on bringing a couple of things together …
- a giter8 template to generate a scala projects, that …
- uses sbt-release for the release process and the versioning …
- uses sbt-github-release to upload the release artifacts to github (including release notes) …
- uses sbt-ensime to generate the
.ensimefile (to make Emacs/Ensime work)
- has some minimal documentation (to give
sbt docsomething to do)
- uses neo-sbt-scalafmt to allow you to (re)format the source code
- uses scala-logging
- is configured to support ScalaTest, ScalaCheck and ScalaMeter
The idea was to provide a fat template and allow people to delete what they do not want/need.
And at the end I had a very rewarding flight :).