… just in time …
… today I am also wrapping up Advent of Code 2017!!!
My first implementation was (obviously) in Scala.
With that I had enough for a first initial benchmark.
The disclaimer still applies: I have not spend a lot of time on analysing the behaviour(s) and/or tunning the solutions, means some of the numbers (probably) need to be taken with a grain of salt.
I did not make any changes to the Haskell code, means some of the Eta solutions do not work (run out of memory or stack or … time), but in general I was pleasently surprised how well Eta works and performs.
Last year 43000 people got 2 stars on Day 1. Only 4413 cracked all problems. My claim to fame is that I am (probably) the only one with implementations in 3 languages :).
I updated the benchmark sheet and I am hoping that people will find the code useful.