Happy new year to ya all!!!
What a year it has been. Some of the highlights are …
- In February I spend a week with the European Community Engineers in Lisbon/Portugal for the first (actually the second) EMEA tribe meeting after the pandemic
- In June I spend a week with Christina in London to deliver a
Micros-Services & Event-Based Systems
- In August I spend 3 weeks on the Isle Of Man to attend the Manx
GP and (finally) got my
TT Race Course Marshallcertification
- In May I Went do the US for 3 weeks to attend the US east/west coast tribe meetings … and had to isolate for 10 days because I got Covid (but got a good sunrise out of it)
- We continue to do Innovation-Weeks at Community :) …
- I really enjoyed working as a Staff-Director here at Community (I get to do all (or at least a lot of) the good/interesting stuff)
- Installed a stove at home and bought one(solo) for the mobile office
- Spend a week in county Donegal (working remote)
- Spend a week in county Clare (working remote) using the most remote co-working space in Ireland
- Had two weeks of outstanding boating again (no remote working; just vacation :))
- Doing (another) 100 day walking challenge
- Got a full-body check-up done (first after 6 years). All good/green …
- Have worked with Alexandros and my Dad on the TEDN-Van 2.0
- Worked through my hamstring injury (almost full muscle tear)
- Watched Top-Gun: Maverick. Best movie of the year …
- Had the best Winter-Solstice Walk ever
- Migrated nmesos to Scala 3
- Joined the scoverage project (to help out with the support for Scala 3)
… and now … last but not least … I am also taking the next step
to leave Facebook and Twitter behind. As of today I am not
anymore. I am
tooting (or not). Means I have
joined the FerdiVerse (a federation of ActivityPub
enabled (Mastodon) instances/servers).
To support a smooth transition I have decided to use micro.blog.
From there I can cross-post to Twitter and Mastodon (and Linked-In and Medium and …) until I have migrated enough followers to my FerdiVerse handle.
@firstname.lastname@example.org to follow the adventures of
The Extreme Digital Nomad (TEDN).